Here at The Gym Glenelg, our team has a wide range of experience to help guide you and take your career to the next level. We pride ourselves on being a small, dynamic and effective team with a great culture and desire for success. If you’re interested in joining our progressive and innovative team, see below for our position vacancies.
GROUP FITNESS COORDINATOR
Located at the heart of Glenelg, The Gym Glenelg 24/7 is proudly the premier Health & Fitness Centre for the Bayside’s local community.
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Group Fitness Coordinator to lead our highly skilled and passionate team of Group Fitness Instructors.
Reporting to the Club Manager, the Group Fitness Coordinator is responsible for maximising member engagement in our Group Fitness program by leading and inspiring our Instructors to deliver an outstanding group fitness experience and by offering a dynamic Group Fitness timetable with a wide range of formats that meets our members needs.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering effective, relevant and timely Group Fitness communication to staff and members
- Recruiting, hiring and onboarding enthusiastic, passionate and dependable Instructors
- Monitoring Group Fitness KPIs to assess overall program and individual class performance
- Conducting class audits on a regular basis
- Processing Group Fitness payroll
- Ensuring all Instructors have necessary compliance at all times
- Collaborating with the sales and marketing team to create and communicate Group Fitness marketing material for social media and in-club
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills
- Experience instructing Les Mills and freestyle group fitness classes
- Experience leading and managing a team
- The ability to work independently with flexible hours
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Current Cert III in group exercise instruction
- A demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
Why work for The Gym Glenelg?
- Real opportunities to progress your career
- Free gym membership
- Passionate and innovative team
- Career pathway opportunities
- Premier gym in the heart of Glenelg
This is a Permanent Part-Time role and is ideal for a fitness professional with a minimum of 2 years of management and group fitness experience. If you are a passionate person who wants to join our mission to inspire and empower others to live healthier lives, we want to hear from you!
Please click ‘Apply’ to submit your resume and cover letter that details your purpose, experience and achievements in fitness, leadership and group fitness operations.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume detailing purpose, experience and achievements in fitness, leadership and group fitness operations by completing the form below.
About The Role
We are seeking an energetic Personal Trainer who is passionate about all things health and fitness.
- Affordable rent structure
- Free ongoing leads
- Free gym membership
- Ongoing professional development & support
The successful applicant will be:
- Passionate about helping people
- Driven by results
- A warm and inviting communicator
A minimum qualification level of Certificate IV in Fitness is required for this position, including a current First Aid & CPR certificate.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume below.